The Potential Of Mobile Apps
Those who think they don’t need a native mobile app because their site is mobile friendly are missing the huge potential apps have over websites.
- When was the last time a customer took a picture of your product with your website?
- When was the last time your website notified a potential customer of a sale as they walked by your shop?
- When was the last time your website told you how a customer felt when they saw your product for the first time?
- When was the last time your site told you the name of that customer who just walked through your shop’s door?
- When was the last time your site adjusted the price of an item based on a customer’s social influence?
- When was the last time a customer tried your product on, virtually on your site?
Biometrics, geo-location, cameras, sensors, augmented reality, 3D gaming… these are potential game-changers that already exist natively in mobile apps — features you won’t find on a traditional website. Not only that, but new functionality that we haven’t really thought of is going to be available to apps much sooner than they are for an HTML-based site, if ever.
Even if you don’t take advantage of those features today, just being on the right platform gets you 80% there.